All students must complete 32 semester hours of graduate-level courses in Psychology. These hours will include:
- Psychology 515, Colloquium in Experimental Psychology, both Fall and Spring semesters of first year in the program.
- Three semester hours of a research practicum course (Psychology 505 or 509) to be taken during the first year. The goal is to prepare the student for undertaking the MA thesis.
- Statistics 521-522 or 531-532, or an equivalent sequence.
- Psychology 420 or 565, History and Systems.
- Twelve semester hours of 500 or 600-level foundation courses. At the 500-level, foundation
courses are listed below:
- 527 Behavioral Neuroscience
- 546 Ethological Psychology
- 547 Concepts in Evolution and Behavior
- 512 Life-Span Developmental
- 524 Brain and Behavioral Development
- 530 Psychology of Attitudes
- 550 Social
- Six semester hours of Psychology 500, Thesis.
Students must earn a grade of B or better in all courses that are to count toward the 32 hour total.