All psychology majors must complete General Psychology and selected coursework in the biological sciences; beginning Fall 2014, students must also complete a course in statistics.
How to Declare
To declare the psychology major or minor, all students should meet with an advisor in the Psychology Advising Center (PAC) for a scheduled appointment or during walk-ins.
- Students who entered UT under the uTrack monitoring system are eligible to declare the major at any time. They should meet with a PAC advisor to review milestones and declare the major as soon as they make the decision to major in psychology.
- Students who are not tracked as a part of uTrack must meet the progression requirements associated with their assigned catalog year prior to declaring the major. In the meantime, these students are invited to meet with the PAC to discuss pre-requisites and to receive a "psychology interest" classification.
- Students can meet with a PAC advisor to declare the psychology minor at any time prior to applying to graduate.
Biological Sciences for Psychology Majors
- For students following the 2008-2013 catalogs, the biological science requirement for the psychology major can be completed through the following options:
- ANTH 110-ANTH 210
- BIOL 130 (a second course is not required)
- BIOL 140 (a second course is not required)
- EEB 240 (a second course is not required)
- Students may pair ANTH 130 or BCMB 230 with one of the following courses: ANTH 110, ANTH 210, BIOL 101, or BIOL 102.
- For students following the 2014 catalog and beyond, the biological science choices will be more limited, with an increased emphasis on the Biology 101 and 102 course options. Students should consult their assigned catalog to review these requirements.