- GradesFirst is accessed via MyUTK (under “academic links”).
- GradesFirst shows appointment availability for 2-3 weeks in to the future, depending on the time of year and student demand. New appointments for the following week are added every Tuesday morning.
- Students with a registration hold should use the priority access link that your advisor will email you to access GradesFirst (rather than going through MyUTK), as this allows you to access a week further into the future within our appointment schedule.
- Log in to MyUTK, and then scroll to the "Academic Links" window to select GradesFirst.
- Once in GradesFirst, click the large blue advising button on the right of your screen to enter the advising appointment system.
- At the first drop-down menu:
- If you are a student within the College of Arts and Sciences, select "Psychology Advising"
- If you are a student within another college (EHHS, Nursing, Business, etc) select "Change Major to Psychology." (NOTE: Clicking this option won't actually change your major, just allow you to see the appointments available for students in other colleges).
- At the second drop-down menu: Select the most appropriate reason for you appointment. (NOTE: Not all advisors are able to complete all advising tasks, so selecting the most appropriate reason is the best way to connect with the advisor who is best suited for your appointment goals.)
- For the third and fourth drop-down menus, select "Psychology Advising Center-307 Austin Peay" as the location. Then, select the advisor you'd like to meet with (or leave it blank for first available).
- You should then be able to view the calendar and search for available appointments. If there are no appointments available, we do add new appointments each Tuesday morning. Check back then for our newest appointments.
GradesFirst is an important part of how students interact with advisors and other offices on campus. It's generally easy to use, but does come with a bit of a learning curve for new students. If you are having trouble with GradesFirst, please contact our email advising hotline (email@example.com) with your name, student ID, and a phone number at which you can be reached for assistance in connecting with an advisor. This email is monitored daily during business hours and you should get a response within 24-48 hrs business hours.
Please DO NOT call the advising center or email your advisor directly about GradesFirst concerns, as they will simply forward your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and this can delay scheduling.
The PAC does host a limited number of walk-in hours each week on Fridays 9am-1pm in Austin Peay 307. These walk-ins are designed for student emergencies. Please be considerate and schedule an appointment for non-emergencies so that we can efficiently serve our most in need students. But please do come in if you need us!